1. Contact details of the personal controller
The State Railway Administration
Riepnieku Street 2, Riga, LV-1050
2. Personal data to be processed
The State Railway Administration (hereinafter - Administration), in the performance of the functions and tasks specified in its regulatory enactments and in compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter - Regulation) and the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia for the protection of personal data, different types of personal data may be processed (e.g. name, surname, personal identity number, birth data, contact details (telephone number, e-mail, address), name of the institution or company represented, employer's name, position, photo, video and voice records, education information, work experience and other personally identifiable data.
3. Purpose and legal basis of data processing
The Administration shall perform the processing of data in order to realise the functions specified in Paragraphs 3 and 4 of Cabinet Regulation No.13 of 4 January 2005, Regulations of the State Railway Administration, and the tasks specified in other international and national regulatory enactments.
The legal basis for data processing stems from points (a), (b), (c) and (e) of the first subparagraph of Article 6 of the Regulation.
4. Recipients of personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to the responsible officials of the Administration or directly to authorised persons, data controllers (including the organisers of joint actions), the State, local government and law enforcement authorities in the cases specified in the legislation.
5. Personal data storage period
Your personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to achieve the relevant processing purposes, subject to the requirements of the regulatory enactments, by which your personal data will be deleted, unless the regulatory enactments provide for a longer period of data storage.
6. Rights of the data subject in the data processing process
The person whose data are processed has the right to request their supplement, rectify or delete, restrict their processing, the right to portability of their personal data, the right to object to the processing of their personal data and to withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data. These rights shall be exercised in so far as the processing of data does not arise from the duties of the Administration imposed on it by the laws and regulations in force and carried out in the public interest or in respect of legitimate interests. The administration will evaluate the request submitted by the person in accordance with regulatory enactments and provide a response. If you do not want to be photographed or filmed and subsequently published at the events organised by the Administration, please ask to inform the Administration.
7. Guarantees against data abuse
The Administration shall process your personal data to ensure their security through a variety of security measures (such as data encryption and firewall protection) and in compliance with privacy requirements to prevent misuse and inappropriate use, unauthorised disclosure, disclosure and tampering, and unauthorised access.
8. Transmission of personal data to third countries
Your personal data may be transmitted to third countries that are not members of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), only in cases provided for by law and in strict compliance with their rules, as well as ensuring a sufficient level of protection.
9. Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any objections, claims or complaints relating to the processing of your personal data, please refer to the Administration first. If the matter cannot be resolved within the framework of the Administration, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the State Data Inspectorate.
10. Automated decision-making
The Administration does not use your data to make automated decisions.
11. Submission of requests by the data subject
In order to receive information from the Administration related to the processing of personal data, an application shall be submitted in accordance with the procedures specified in regulatory enactments:
- an electronic request for information must be signed with a secure electronic signature, inviting them to be sent to the Administrational Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com
- authoring the portal www.Latvija.lv;
- in a mailing to the Administration, with a self-attached signature. Address written information requests to the State Railway Administration, Riepnieku Street 2, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia;
- the data subject may also submit a request for written information in person by completing a request for the issuance of data and presenting a personal identification document, in the Administration, in Riepnieku Street 2, Riga, in agreement with the Data Protection Officer in advance.
The administration, while protecting the rights of the data subject, is entitled to request additional information in order to clearly identify the applicant.
The Data Subject Information Request shall be examined by the Administration by within one month from the date of receipt of the request, in accordance with the procedures specified by the Regulation and the Law on the Processing of Personal Data. If necessary, that period may be extended by for a further period of two months, taking into account the complexity and number of requests.
The Administration shall, after examining the application, perform one of the following activities:
- provide the data subject with the requested information;
- give a reasoned written refusal to supply information;
- inform the data subject of the actions taken (replenishment, rectification, erasure) in relation to the requirement expressed in the request for information.
12. Contact details of the Data Protection Specialist
For additional information on the processing of personal data by the Administration, please contact the Data Protection Officer: