The State Railway Administration is active in the various work institutions of the European Commission. The State Railway Administration has engaged in the activities of the European Railway Agency (ERA), the International Railway Cooperation Council (OSJD), the UN and other international organisations.
The institution shall regularly participate in the development of regulatory enactments of Latvia and the European Union. Similarly, it is often necessary to assume functions which are not directly within the competence of the State Railway Administration, but which are very important from a public interest point of view in the railway sector.
Specialists of the State Railway Administration shall act in the working groups of different international organisations:
- The European Commission;
- The European Union Railway Agency for Railways- ERA;
- The Independent Regulators' Group-Rail- IRG-rail;
- The Intergovernmental Organisation for International Carriage by Rail- OTIF;
- The Organisation for Cooperation between Railways- OSJD;
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe- UNECE.